Zip along in a private tuk tuk through the historic streets of Old Bangkok, “Rattanakosin” as we visit authentic food stops and historic landmarks in the hustle and bustle of the city. Catch the flares of charcoal stoves and delicious dishes interwoven with visits to historic communities and temples in the cool evening air. Our experts will leave you with a belly full of delicious food and a head full of intimate knowledge of the city.
Cuisine Experience : A mix of traditional and hearty Thai dishes interspersed with delicacies in traditional markets.
Neighborhood : Rattanakosin, Bangkok’s royal district set on what was once an island bordered by the River of the Kings on one side and canals on the other.
Availability : Tuesday – Sunday evenings we zip along to the best eats and views of Rattanakosin. Tours run 3.5-4 hours long.
– Zip along in your own private 3-stroke engine tuk tuk (3 people max) through historic Rattanakosin or “Old Bangkok”
– Savour Bangkoks #1 Ranked Pad Thai based on a family recipe handed down generation after generation.
– A visit to a historic market at the heart of the neighborhood frequented by the locals.
– Catch the flares of brass woks over charcoal stoves serving up amazing dishes at the locals’ favourite restaurants.
– Take in the atmosphere of historic temples in the cool evening air with insider knowledge from our expert guides
– Down a cold one on an exclusive deck with the best view of the Temple of Dawn along the River of the Kings.
Starting Point: National Stadium BTS (Skytrain) station
End Point: Return by tuk-tuk to your central Bangkok hotel
Time/Duration: 6:30p.m. / 3.5-4 hours duration
Dietary: We cannot currently accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or halal diets on this tour.
Group size and dynamics: 1-15 persons. For safety and security we do not permit children under 5 years of age.
What to wear: It is recommended that you wear shorts (covered knees) or light weights pants and a lightweight shirt (covered shoulders), as well as comfortable walking shoes. Some historical sites/temples require respectful clothing for entry.
Weather Conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine. We recommend an umbrella and sense of adventure in case the clouds break. Some of our most fun moments have been in the rain!