A canal tour is a “must do” for people who like to see the traditional Thai ways of living and get a special feeling of Bangkok which can only be obtained by taking a canal tour in Bangkok. Our tour will take you to the old capital in the Thonburi side, a more intimate way to look at the old Siam, with many stops to let you experience the historical, cultural and interactive lives of the local canal people. We take a small group on our teak boat to make an unforgettable journey with a mode of transportation that is now rarely used.
During our sustainable boat tour, you will enjoy magnificent views of lush greenery without leaving Bangkok. We will cruise along the orchards and farms right next to the city.
08:30 hrs. Meet at BTS Wutthakat station (Silom Line), East side ticket machine (direction to the exit #4),** short walk to get to our boat
Our activities include:
- Visit the ”Mouth of the Canal Temple” (Wat Paknam - newly became a Royal Temple) to see the one ton gold statue, crystal pagoda, and a skyline view of old capital, Thonburi City
- Visit a “Forest Temple” (Wat Pa Chaeng Lane) to learn forest monks' life style
- Arrive at a vibrant local weekend floating market, taste and enjoy local Thai dishes and drinks for lunch!
- Visit an orchid and pandan nursery in lush greenery
- Arrive at the Artist's House in a 250 years old community, currently going through revitalization by locals ***
15:00 hrs. Return to BTS Wutthakat or BTS Krung Thonburi station (Silom Line)