A private food and culture adventure! Your party will be picked up in private mini van at your centrally located Bangkok hotel from which we will travel to the ancient capital of Ayutthaya to start our Great Ayutthaya Adventure. We’ll intermix old markets with visits to iconic temples, delicious local foods with an understanding of Ayutthaya’s amazing history and importance in Thai culture. Exhausted and full, we’ll escort you back to the City of Angels to your hotel where we will finish our day’s journey.
Cuisine Experience : Traditional Thai delicacies from every region of Thailand.
Neighborhood : The ancient capital of Ayutthaya with its beautiful temples, culture and of course – food!
Availability : On request. Depart Bangkok at 8a.m. Return at 6p.m.
– Dive into one of Ayutthaya’s oldest local markets as we start the adventure with a delicious local snack.
– Take a relaxing afternoon view of the river as we visit majestic Wat Chai Wattanaram.
– Sample delicious boat noodles in their birthplace, and if you are daring, we’ll add a special ingredient on offer!
– Get up close and personal with one of Thailand’s emblematic Buddha head at Wat Mahathat.
– Savour a delicious and relaxing local meal afloat a rice barge on the river,enjoying the local sights and sounds.
– Learn hands-on a dying artcraft still practiced in Ayutthaya that keeps ‘the babies smiling’.
– Get backstage passes to see the production of Ayuthaya’s famous flossy sugar treat, roti sai mai (and sample it of course!)
– Soak in half century-old culture with a visit to Ayutthaya’s most historically important temple, Wat Phra Si Sanphet.
**Vendors and menu items may change due to vendor schedules and other unexpected circumstances
Starting Point: Hotel pick-up/drop-off
End Point: Hotel drop-off
Time/Duration: Start time 8:00a.m. / End time 6:30p.m
Dietary: We cannot currently accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or halal diets on this tour.
Weather Conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine. We recommend an umbrella and sense of adventure in case the clouds break. Some of our most fun moments have been in the rain!
What to wear: It is recommended that you wear shorts (covered knees) or light weights pants and a lightweight shirt (covered shoulders), as well as comfortable walking shoes. Some historical sites/temples require respectful clothing for entry.
Group size and dynamics: Food is intimate, so we stay intimate. We have a maximum of 10 people on our Great Ayutthaya Adventure.