After stopping at a few French colonial architecture sites in town, we will ride the countryside roads and arrive at a rural Muslim village. Here, we will visit families to learn about their everyday life, family history, and traditions. After, we will weave our way along the river roads to a village full of traditional houses. Here you’ll learn about the traditional way of living and the changes happening in the Cambodian countryside. You’ll also have the chance to speak with an ex-soldier and learn about his past and his work as a fortune teller and healer. After lunch at a family home, we will continue through rice fields and stop at a Buddhist temple to learn about monastic life, before we return back to town.
Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
Start Time: 7.30 AM
Location: Battambang, Cambodia
– View French architecture from a bygone age and learn about the country’s colonial past.
– Ride over a Cambodian style suspension bridge.
– Enjoy treats made by a traditional sweet seller.
– Explore a countryside village and eat lunch together the Cambodian way.
– Meet an ex-soldier who is now a fortune teller and traditional healer.
– Learn about ancient Buddhist customs and folktales
This tour is for people who enjoy exercising! The ride is about 42 km. The tour starts at 7:30 and returns around 4:00pm.