Cruising through canals and along Saigon River in the Mekong Delta, you will enjoy some typical Southern Vietnamese’s activities such as: traditional music, cycling on village roads, rowing a boat, savoring honey tea, Mekong vodka as well as gourmet lunch on Ben Tre island. The tour also includes a visit to a coconut candy factory.
Tour Departure Time: 8:00 AM
Tour Length: Approximately 8 hours
Group Tour: The Mekong Delta is completely operated by Saigon River Tour using our own private tour guide.
07:30 am Pick-up at the customers’ hotel and transfer to Tan Cang pier by Saigon River Tour’s comfortable minivan.
08:00 am Depart to Mekong Delta (Ben Tre) by luxury speedboat. When on board, enjoy a light breakfast of The Pat’ a Chou cake with Lavie water, enjoy the fresh air and understand the daily life of local citizens living along the river banks.
08:45 am Arrive to Mekong Delta Area (Ben Tre):
Leave the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, walk inside the local market in Long An province. You will understand more about the local daily life and what typical fruits they have. We are sure you might find something you haven’t seen before! Great time for photo shots.
– Try some of their typical fruits and keep cruising to Ben Tre province (Real Mekong Delta Area).
– Experience the peaceful atmosphere of water region by rowing a small boat through small canals with the conical hat.
– Taste special wines of Snake/ Scorpion (optional).
– Hearing the story about the local plantations and their “friendly” bees.
– Enjoy a cup of honey tea from local family recipe.
– Listen to the Southern traditional folk music was handed down for over 100 years (listed by UNESCO as intangible cultural heritage of the world – Don Ca Tai Tu).
– Get on the Vietnamese Lambro tuk-tuk (vehicle using for schools and works), and ride in the winding village road to see the local houses & gardens.
– Visit a small family business of coconut candies, hearing how they use every ounce coconuts for their life.
01:00 pm Cruise to Diem Phuong restaurant and enjoy your Vietnamese traditional lunch with delicious 7-courses: Elephant-Ear fish (one very special dish in Mekong Delta), rice-paper served with fish sauce and other dishes.
02:00 pm Finish lunch and head to Saigon.
04:00 pm Arrive back to Saigon to be dropped off at your place of stay.